Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Teaching Philosophy

Teaching is learning. Learning is teaching. My teaching philosophy starts with my own values as a person. I believe in honesty, commitment, and hard work. If I model these values with my students, student's parents, and peers they will understand my values as a teacher. I also believe that if you show respect to your students that they will learn to show the same respect to you. My students are the number one priority. I believe that once you achieve the certain level of respect and understanding that you and your students both want, teaching will be fun.

There are many reasons that I wanted to become a teacher. I want to make a difference. I want to change a child's life for the better and open them to ideas and things that can help them in life. Life is changing daily. Technology is changing everyday. We as teachers need to help students learn about the future. Teachers are not just teachers, they are instructors, friends, heros, role models, and listeners. I think teaching is a great accomplishment. Being able to teach the future of tomorrow is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment